Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When heavy rainfall, burst pipes, overflowing toilets or severe winter weather hits Edmonds, WA turn to our trusted team at SERVPRO of Edmonds. We are proud to serve the community and surrounding areas during stressful events that affect the health and functionality of your home or business. We are locally owned and highly committed to the well being of our residents. Count on us for the fastest local response time regardless of day or night. Numerous times our certified and trained technicians have worked around the clock during Edmonds flooding events to restore commercial and residential buildings. Next time you experience a water emergency big or small call SERVPRO of Edmonds.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (425) 775-5723
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.